Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Chopped Linda"

Linda chopped into 3 separate couplets:
Rep scheme for all 3 couplets is 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 rep rounds for time:

couplet 1:
deadlift at 1 1/2 times bodyweight
back extensions

couplet 2:
benchpress at bodyweight
v-ups

couplet 3:
clean and jerk at 3/4 bodyweight
overhead squat with pvc or broom stick

limit rest in between couplets to a couple of minutes, enough to change weight on bar, etc.
Post weight used and 3 separate times one for each couplet to comments.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to do linda but I don't have 3 separate barbells so I thought this might be a fun twist with using only one bar. I hope I can do this under an hour but I know I might need to take more rest in order to complete required reps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deadlift 270 lb-19:02
    Bench 180 lb-12:46
    clean and jerk 135 lb-13:36

    270 was heavy for me.

    ReplyDelete