Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Monday, January 3, 2011

"Curtis P" mile

wod:
4 rounds for time:
10 curtis P* 95 lb
5 chin -ups (2 count hold with chin over bar every rep)
400 m run

*curtis p consists of the following: from the ground perform power clean with bar remaining in front lunge right foot forward step back to original power clean position then lunge left foot forward step back again push press bar from shoulder to overhead return bar to ground that is 1 rep. (excellent curtis p exercise demo video available on sealfit website)

5 comments:

  1. Didn't finish this one... I fell on the 3rd round of the 7th lunge... couldn't keep my balance, bar fell on knees and banged them up pretty bad. Didn't realize how hard this one was doing the lunges... but I liked it. Instead finished with 100 situps and 100 pushups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just some clarification for all you studs; a power clean requires the finish into the bottom front squat position. see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SioqtZK4kt4&feature=related

    A clean, or the clean required for Curtis P, is movement of bar from floor to top of front squat position. see this video of Curtis P movement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLff8fhPIQg

    ReplyDelete
  3. video for Curtis P

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLff8fhPIQg

    ReplyDelete
  4. runs on treadmill finished in time of 21:13. thanks for the clarification i hope everybody got the main idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was good bro'. I did as rx'd in 20:34 with runs on treadmill. I felt like I lost time in my transitions because I had to jog all over the gym to make it happen. Maybe it didn't affect me though as it was kind of rest time. One day I am going to have a crossfit gym and I will have an outdoor running path that is continual with the gym. I think runs on treadmill make it easier but I shouldn't complain as this wod kicked my butt in spite.

    ReplyDelete