Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Sunday, November 7, 2010

press before you sweat

Bench Press 1-10-1-20-1-30

then

7 rounds for time of:
3 x weighted pull-ups
5 x burpee box jumps
7 x diamond push-ups
9 x deadlifts

4 comments:

  1. record 1RM from bench as well as the weight used for 30 reps. Must do set unbroken or you have to start over. i.e., 28 reps means the weight was too heavy... redo. This is a power set so take your time.

    for 7 rounds, I'm using 25 lbs. for pull-ups, the 35" box for the burpee box jumps (do a burpee and jump up on the box), and 225 lbs. for the deadlift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wod is for Monday, November 8th

    note on pull-ups - start from dead hang

    ReplyDelete
  3. rx'd 215 on 1RM and did 30 reps with 125 lbs.

    for the 7 rounder, finished at 19:47.

    Well, I am pretty weak sauce, but I gave it my best effort today. pull-ups and deadlifts slowed me down

    ReplyDelete
  4. I invented weak sauce.
    bench press rx'd 235lb on 1RM and 135lb for 30 reps.
    for 7 rounder finished in 18:17 wore a 20lb vest for pull-ups and only jumped on 24 inch box for burpee box jumps. this was awesome deadlifts sometimes make me feel like my spine is going to pop out of my back but always glad i did em

    ReplyDelete