Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Monday, November 29, 2010

wod for 11-30-10

skill
3 rounds of not for time:
5 reps shoulder press strict
3 reps push press
1 rep push jerk or split jerk
you cannot drop bar until end of round, rest at least 2 min between rounds, try to increase weight each round.

then for time complete the following wod:
15 hang power snatch 95 lb
15 burpee box jump 24"
10 double unders
12 hang power snatch 95 lb
12 burpee box jump 24"
20 double unders
9 hang power snatch 95 lb
9 burpee box jump 24"
30 double unders
6 hang power snatch 95 lb
6 burpee box jump 24"
40 double unders
3 hang power snatch 95 lb
3 burpee box jump 24"
50 double unders

post heaviest weight for skill portion and time for wod to comments


4 comments:

  1. heaviest weight 125lb. (attempted 135lb failed at 4 on strict press). wod as rx'd 13:26. hang power snatch got heavy in a hurry but i had fun oh yeah baby. and one more thing i almost forgot utah is numero uno this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. max on practice was 135 lbs. did 3 x strict reps with 145 but couldn't get five. I had some bad luck at the end of the wod. My jump rope broke at rep 22 of my last set of 50 double unders. The time at that point was 12:49. I was a little bummed. I found a jump rope in the gym but it was way short so I don't think I ever finished because I was frustrated. good wod though.

    P.S. If you really want to claim a victory Mr. Utah, you go ahead. Yes, the final score gives Utah the win but it's kind of like telling an ugly fool that he's handsome - he's still ugly. Cougs stuck it to them all game. Oh, well, charity is a virtue, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is right charity is a virtue, in fact your whole statement is true, but let me tell ya it feels good to be ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dudes, My gym is a dud. I'm gonna have to get a 24 hour membership as BYU doesn't have everything that I need in one place. Also, I still have to figure out many of these lifts. Looks like I'm gonna have to let Blood, Sweat, and Cheers waste me for a time before I try to go solo.

    ReplyDelete