Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veteran's Day Tribute

wod for 11/11/10

3 rounds for time:
25 x OH lunge 35lb (1 pood KB) DB right arm
25 x OH lunge 35lb DB left arm
25 x 4-count knees to elbows, push-up position (R knee to L elbow...)
50 x swings, 35lb DB
50 x double-unders
500 m row or run

3 comments:

  1. performed 500 m run on treadmill finished in time of 30:47. I probably could of pushed a little harder but by the time i would get to double unders my shoulders were burning. this is was awesome. I am still feeling it from tuesday we got to find a way to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did 500m on rower and finished in 32:04. the thing that killed my time the most was by far the knees to elbows. the only thing I would change to this wod would be the amount of them. It ended up being 100 per round for total of 300. That was tough. I don't really like the 'for time' concept when dealing with lunges either. I focused on driving deep and staying balanced. Overall, I felt the wod was good. In designing a wod for veteran's day, I found it difficult to try and represent something so hoorah. I determined that a veteran needed tough shoulders to carry the load they are asked to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops i don't know what i was thinking but i only did 25 knee to elbow each round but counted to 4 on each rep focusing on controlling movement and flexing hard at peak contraction i am such a doofus.

    ReplyDelete