Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Death by Barbell"

5 round for time of:
15 deadlifts
12 hang power clean
9 front squat
6 push press

rx'd weight is 135 lb

3 comments:

  1. wod as rx'd with 135lb in 26:56. My wrist were on fire. after 4 rounds i was out of gas, 5th round took me almost 7 minutes to complete but i got through it. I did this would with the 45 lb bumper plates i got from santa oh boy those babies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some bumper plates for this exercise! So I did 135 for deadlifts, and then 115 for the rest; however, I was really slow on the 3rd round. So I decided to drop to 115 on deadlifts and 95 for the other exercises for the last 2 rnds. Finished in 39:53.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this was hard. Talk about a fun way to get back into the swing of things after a nice Christmas break. I did work out a little bit over the holidays (in the snow Rocky IV style) but reacquainting with the barbell today was a treat.

    I did as rx'd with 135 lbs. in 27:58

    I'm jealous about the bumper plates bro'. I want to abuse them some time too.

    ReplyDelete