Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions, and determine to pay the price for a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast… and one day you will build something that endures, something worthy of your potential. -Epictetus

Friday, October 22, 2010

9 fundamentals

wod:
complete 25 reps of each of the 9 movements of crossfit for time:
back squat
front squat
overhead squat
shoulder press
push press
push jerk
deadlift
hang power clean
snatch (full squat)
rx;d weight is 65lb for men and 45 lb for women
recover as needed
then complete 4 rounds as fast as possible of:
25 4- count flutter kick
40 yd suicide sprint down and back twice (160 yd total)

5 comments:

  1. the light is weight so i can practice good technique especially for snatch and oh squat, but also i thought we could use some lighter work from today's wod and wind down the week so monday we can be rested up a bit. i tried to put a good week together i dont think everyday can be a cindy frog or a lumberjack 20 unless all i can do is eat and treat ya feel me dogg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. second thought what am i pansy Embrace the suck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm with you on how recovery might be better if this is all we had to focus on. I think it is important to be fit and to approach it as a means to an end (healthier, younger, more capable, better lover, etc.) but to not make fitness the end itself. Having said that, though, there is no way that anyone could do what we did this week, as legions of one, and deserve the title pansy. Tomorrow's wod will help us progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9 fundamentals time of 11:47 modified snatch with 45lb barbell. Oh squat killed me and snatches. I am honestly terrible at those but you got to start somewhere, the wolf at the top of the hill is never as hungry as those climbing it. second part completed in 8:36 as rx'd. my right hip flexor cramped during flutter kicks after 50 so bad so i injected it with pickle juice. that is random, i did not do that but i made it through. This has been a good week of training, good idea. WE ARE LEGION. peace out brother

    ReplyDelete
  5. this felt good. I focused on not breaking up the 25 reps for each exercise so I took a few seconds to reset in between exercises. I finished in 17:39. I wasn't too motivated to do the sprints and flutters but I canceled the Whambulance and got on with it. Took me 5:47 - ouch! It has been a good week my friend. I hope to make you proud next week.

    ReplyDelete